I think the big news of the last month is that Mum and Dad sold their house, have purchased one in Canberra and as of this Thursday will be living less than 30min drive from our place. It is a big move after 30years. I hope it is one they don't regret. I think Canberra is a great place with lots of opportunities and a good way of life. Mario will get to have lots of time with his NannaRose and Griffy and that is something I am looking forward to. I know how close I was to my Dads parents and how much time we spent with them and it will be great for Mario to have that too. A 30min drive is so much better than a 4hr 30min drive. It is also closer for my sisters who will only have to travel 3hrs rather than 8hrs give or take a bit. Looks like everyone will be down for Easter.
Of course can't let today go by without mentioning that today is Peters birthday. He is off playing golf as I write, we have had morning tea out and tonight he gets his favourite dinner - BBQ T bone steak and salad and a delicious chocolate mud cake that Mario and me made yesterday. Mario has had a lovely time licking the bowl and getting covered in chocolate. Happy Birthday!!


2 comments:
How wonderful that Mario will have grandparents so close! Ours are all half a country away, so it requires a 2 day car drive or plane tickets (long ago beyond our budget) to see them. Happy Birthday, Peter! Enjoy Autumn! It's my favorite season!
Karen, I envy your parents being so close to grandbaby. I am sure that Maro will have wonderful memories of his time with them. I just got back from time with Tiff and the boys and I miss them already. Love your blog,
Judah's Lolah
Post a Comment