Wednesday, August 08, 2007

We're going to the zoo!


Time has been flying along and here we are finally on the other side of winter. Not that I am wishing the year away, I just like sunshine and spring and summer when everything is green and colourful and the days are longer and we can do so much more outside. Not that we have been sitting around and doing nothing and waiting for time to pass. We have been out and about and just doing family things. We just have to rug up and make sure we have our beanies on.

Marios childcare had an outing to the zoo. It was on one of my days off and so I volunteered to help out. All I can say is "oh my goodness!" the childcare workers are wonders with what they do with 19 little 2-3 year olds. I was so exhausted at the end of the day that I could not wait to put my feet up. But on the other hand there is nothing so joyous as seeing the smiles on the kids faces as they touched and fed and looked at all the animals.

Mario loved the lions because the went "R O A R" when he asked them too. He loved the fish because he saw Nemo, Dory and his favourite ..... Bruce the shark. He also loved the snakes as he got to touch one (and Mummy got to hold one) and the lizards because they can stick their tongues out. The monkeys loved to play around, the tigers had big paws and the giraffes played with each other and wouldnt come for a feed, the emu was running around like crazy and the kangaroos just wouldn't stay still (and neither would you if 19 kids wanted to pat and feed you). Oh it was just lots of fun.

We then had the weekend in Wagga with Peters aunt and they have a little kiddies zoo. Mario fed the kangaroos, patted the donkeys and I think even managed a lick from an appreciative donkey. I kept well away from the ducks and geese - ever since I was chased by geese as a kid and got stuck up a slippery dip I have never had a liking for geese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The zoo is always fun. I got to take Caleb and Judah to the zoo here when they visited this summer. Had so much fun. Kids love animals. Mario is growing so fast.
Blessings, Sheila