It has been some time since I updated the family blog and that is because it has been a hectic month with heaps happening. Returning to work just added to this and made my time at home with Mario more special. I use his sleep times to catch up on business work, clean up the house, do the ever growing pile of washing and ironing, get some cooking done and try and do some computer work or whatever needs doing. The list is always growing.
So, what have we been up to ... Working 3 days a week keeps me busy and the brain active and gives Mario the most wonderful time at childcare. He has taken to it well and even has a little mate to run around with and I am sure that they cause havoc but they are active busy little boys. Weekends are busy times with swimming, my time out at the gym (and how I cherish that "me" time), birthday parties, a weekend with Pears Aunt in Wagga, toilet training, golf - well Pear and Mario anyway, the house things that need to get done and then there was last weekend.
Mario and I took the plane to Port Macquarie to go to the 40th birthday celebration AND wedding for one of my dearest and most wonderful friends from uni. We first met at a careers camp in year 11 (guess we were 16) and happened to meet up when we started studying and have been friends ever since. With another friend we have an annual get together - it takes us that long to organise and plan what to do - and it is just the best time and I look forward to it every year. Partners and kids are part of it nowdays and everyone gets on so well and has a ball.
Anyway with the trip - Mario and I weren't going but Pear convinced me to travel up and I would regret not going to the wedding so with frequent flyers we were off. It was a fleeting visit but the best thing so far this year. Mario was sensational on the plane though by the time we got home Sunday night he was over being good and just needed to let it all out. But it wasn't just the plane, it was everything we did ... well almost ... OK there was a bit of a wobbly during the vows and some time in the naughty corner . His manners were lovely, he partied and danced away at the wedding, ne wore undies and had no accidents but did use training pants on the plane as timing and access to plane toilets as anyone knows is hard enough as an adult, let alone as a little kid just on L plates.We have Easter around the corner and a trip to Brisbane and then Anzac day so hopefully by May I will be sitting up on the ship and not clutching with just my fingernails as we travel through the year and well, it is almost winter and time to hibernate so that should let us get back on track.


1 comment:
What a wonderful time! That's fabulous that he is almost toilet trained. What a job that is, huh? I love that piano in the picture; it's beautiful! I hope you'll have some time to breathe and take life in soon. It sounds like things will calm down a bit now. Blessings,
Post a Comment