February 14 may be Valentines Day to most people but in our family it is now officially known as Adoption Day. Finally after a bit of procrastination with the paperwork late last year and eveything closing for the Christmas/summer period we finally got our 5 minutes with the Chief Justice of the ACT who signed the papers witnessed by family and friends. Mario John Nestor really truly and forever became ours and is now a fair dinkum Aussie!!
What a wonderful moment in all our lives. It was so nice to be able to have the grandparents around to share it and have friends take time out of their work and busy days to be part of it as well.

Our celebration was a lovely morning tea where Mario ate a delicious looking and rather large biscuit covered in M&M's. He was just so happy. Not that he seemed to really know what was going on except he was the king for a day. and that he was wearing his favourite colour (orange!)

Here we are as one little happy family! Celebrating on such a lovely summers day in the middle of our beautiful city.

I decided to celebrate the evening with a traditional Filippino meal - pork and chicken adobo and lovely sticky rice followed by a slightly modified version of halo halo (as I couldn't locate all the ingredients). Delicious.
So now life continues and we continue to grow and learn as a family. It was such a special day and with the help of Dad there are plenty of photos to remind us. Of course Charlie couldn't miss out on the action!
2 comments:
What a wonderful day. You all make such a beautiful family and Maro looks so happy. He and Judah are such lucky little boys and so are the families that have them.
Bless you all, Judah's Lolah
What a great day! I love how you all got to go to court and have that whole "official" experience. We just get our papers in the mail, which is convenient, but not as memorable. That cookie looks delicious! By the way, I switched our blog to a private setting, and I'd like to add you to the list, but I need your most current email address. You can email it to me at dahlmananne@yahoo.com and I'll get you set up! Blessings,
Post a Comment