Monday, January 08, 2007

What we've been up to ......

Christmas ... what a wonderful time .... full of fun, laughter, family, food, wine, presents and children. This was the first family Christmas with Mario and he celebrated with my family including his 3 cousins. Everyone had a ball. The Christmas presents were amazing. This year we had set limits but with the pre Christmas and even earlier sales and some bargain hunting everyone came out with incredible gifts. The kids especially should never complain about nothing to play judging by the crowd of presents under the tree!
OK so Christmas day was not the usual warm one that we often have but I think that made it easier to eat the hot turkey and vegies and all the lollies that decorated the table. These lollies happened to be Marios favourite foods! As usual we over catered, ate way too much and have had left overs that continued into the new year.
Christmas soon became new year and by this time we had left Nanna Rose and Griffys place and were set up in the caravan at Jindabyne. Over the course of the week we were there the weather warmed and became hot ... just how the summer holidays should be. Again Mario had a ball. All the big kids (7, 9, 11, 13) included Mario in their games and activities. Somehow I think Mario thinks he is older than 2 with some of the things he got up to on his trike. I just had to shut my eyes at times but Dad thought it was just great!
Mario had his first venture into a ski boat and although it took him a while he soon settled in and just loved zipping around and going fast across the lake. Mario also had his first tubing experience. Although hesitant to start with he was chatting and laughing and waving and having fun. I am so keen to see Mario up learning to water ski but I might need to wait until he has a little more water confidence as he is really not keen on having his "ears under" and I am sure there will be lots of offs.
Peter is now back to work and Mario and I are back into our home routine ... but only for another 2 weeks .... and then we go for a weeks break down the coast in the caravan and some more water skiing. What a life!! and what a wonderful time we are having!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute and I am sure he will take to the water real soon. He is a very lucky boy and you all make a beautiful family. Happy skiing, Judah's Lolah